Cinnamon Crisp Cereal
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (you can shred coconut flakes in a food processor)
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds (sunflower seeds will also work well)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 and ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 or 2 packets of stevia (depending on how sweet you like your cereal)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅛ cup maple syrup (maple flavor agave nectar also words well)
- 1 egg
- In a blender or food processor, add the coconut shreds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds , cinnamon stevia packets and salt. Pulse to flour consistency.
- Melt coconut oil just to warm and add maple syrup
- Place the flour in a medium mixing bowl and add the coconut oil and maple syrup mixture and egg.
- Mix with well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Scoop the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- Roll until you have a rectangle, about 8″ x 10″ and ¼” thick.
- Remove the top sheet and pre-cut the dough into ½” x ½” squares.
- Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet and cook at 325 for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.