Luscious Lemon Birthday Cake
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 12 eggs
- ⅛ cup agave nectar
- ⅛ cup stevia in the Raw (for cooking)
- ½ cup “Just Like Sugar Tabletop” chickory root sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon extract (alcohol free is best)
- 1 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Cups full fat portion of canned coconut
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 10 drops of vanilla flavored stevia extract
- 6 Tablespoons of “Just Like Sugar Tabletop”
- 1 to 2 scoops slimstyles PGX granules (this thickener is mostly fiber and made from konjac-mannan), depending no desired thickness
- Unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Mix butter, coconut milk, eggs, sugar, salt and lemon extract.
- Blend coconut flour and baking powder and mix into batter until all lumps disappear.
- Pour batter in equal parts into 2 greased 8 inch cake layer pans or one 9×9-1/2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees or until fork inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.
- Combine PGX granules with Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk into a blender and mix to allow the two to thicken.
- Place all other ingredients in a food processor, add the vanilla coconut milk mixture and process until smooth, thick and creamy and the desired thickness to spread over a cake.
- Taste to be sure the frosting is sweet enough and add more stevia.