Paleo Breakfast Burrito
- Paleo Wrap (we use the cauliflower wrap, which is on paleopenguin, or a purchased coconut meat wrap by Julian bakery Inc.)
- ½ cup diced yellow summer squash (may substitute zucchini)
- ½ cup diced Sunchoke (may substitute white or sweet potato)
- Slice of onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (cut up)
- ½ cup of baby spinach or kale leaves
- 2 teaspoons butter or Soyfree Earthbalance
- 1 scrambled egg
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese (we use Diaya brand)
- 1 tablespoon salsa (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, sautee: butter and sunchoke until the sunchoke is of baked potato consistency.
- Add the yellow squash, onion and garlic and sautee until squash is tender.
- Add baby spinach leaves, cooking on low until the leaves are wilted and vibrant green.
- Place vegetable mixture into wrap and then scramble the egg in the skillet.
- Add the scrambled egg and add salt and pepper to taste. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and salsa.
- These can be frozen and enjoyed reheated for breakfast throughout the week!