Paleo Taco Salad
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon California paprika
- ½ teaspoon tomato powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup plain coconut yogurt
- 2 romaine hearts, shredded
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup non-dairy, paleo Cheddar cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅛ cup black beans (optional)
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground beef, stirring often, until the meat is crumbly and evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain grease out of skillet. Mix in onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir spices into ground beef mixture and cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir salsa into meat mixture.
- To serve, spread shredded romaine lettuce onto a serving platter and top with meat mixture, cherry tomatoes, paleo Cheddar cheese, and chopped cilantro. Add the coconut yogurt on top.