- 3 large bell peppers
- 1 and ½ teaspoon coconut oil or other paleo butter
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 and ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, bison or turkey
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Cut tops off of peppers and clean out seeds.
- Steam peppers for about 7 minutes until they start to soften and are still brightly colored. Remove peppers from steaming pot and place in an 8 by 8 inch pan lined with foil and set aside.
- Cook meat in a frying pan and drain off any excess fat.
- Add coconut oil, diced onion, diced zucchini, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low to medium, until the onion and zucchini are softened, for about 7 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Add tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Fill peppers with mixture. Cover pan with peppers and place in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, in order to warm the peppers and so that the flavors will combine together.
- Place some fresh sprigs of parsley on top and Enjoy!