- 2 cups diced sunchokes (peeling these is tricky, so mostly peeled works or just wash them and skip the peeling)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small can (5.46 ounces) of coconut milk, using only the full fat portion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Peel (if you plan to peel) and dice sunchokes.
- Soak sunchokes in a medium bowl of water with one tablespoon of lemon juice for one or two minutes. (This prevents them from turning brown.)
- Drain sunchokes and place in a steamer and steam until tender but not mushy.
- Drain and place in a food processor with the can of coconut milk, regular coconut milk and butter.
- Process until smooth, about thirty seconds to one minute.
- Enjoy right away.