Turnip and Carrot Medley
- 2 TBSP butter or non-dairy butter
- ½ sweet, yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 lb white turnips, peeled and cubed (make the cubes smallish no more than ½″ thick or so)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thin coins
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup stock – vegetable or chicken
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter, uncovered over low heat in a skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic, and thyme to the pan.
- Continue cooking over low heat until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots and turnips to pan, add the stock, and cover.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the carrots and turnips are fork tender.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
- Enjoy with your choice of meat and a salad!