Paleo Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- ½ cup of Organic coconut flour
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- ¼ cup of raisins (optional)
- One 13 ounce can coconut milk (scoop the full fat portion off of the top of the can of coconut)
- 1 and ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, honey and applesauce until thoroughly combined
- Add baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and coconut flour into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the grated carrots and raisins and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour your batter in to 114 cupcake tins and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- For the frosting: Combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand held mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.