Coconut Butter Crispies
- ¾ c. coconut butter (check my recipe index for a homemade version)
- ¼ c. all-natural, Sunbutter (crunchy or smooth both work well)
- ¼ t. Vitamin C Crystals
- ¼ c. Coconut Sugar
- ¾ c. Stevia blend that is a 1 for 1 baking substitute for sugar (I use Stevia in the Raw brand)
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (for vegan version 1 flax egg= 1 T. flaxseed meal + 2 T. water, mix let sit for five minutes)
- 1 c. Unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ c Dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix Sunbutter and Vitamin C Crystals (this prevents the Sunbutter from turning green)
- In another small bowl warm the Coconut Butter in the microwave until softened (about 30 seconds)
- Combine the Coconut Butter and Sunbutter mixture in a medium mixing bowl and add: vanilla, and egg/flax egg until everything is incorporated & a large, soft ball of dough begins to form.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the Coconut Sugar, Stevia blend and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine: Stevia blend, Coconut sugar, Shredded Coconut and baking soda and stir to blend.
- Spoon the Coconut Butter and Sunbutter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Using your hands, continue to combine the ingredients until a dough forms.
- Scoop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Slightly press 2-3 dark chocolate chips into the top of each cookie (optional).
- Bake for 7 – 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies cool completely on the sheet and they will become crispy.