Paleo “Oatmeal” with “make ahead” option
- ⅛ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ cup flax meal
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup strawberries (bananas or blueberries are also really yummy)
- ¼ cup pureed butternut squash or sweet potato*
- 1 egg (or substitute 1 Tablespoon chia seed for an eggless version of this porridge)
- Pinch of salt
- Stevia to taste (I use strawberry stevia if my fruit of choice is strawberries and blueberry stevia if I use blueberries)
- **On the go version follows recipe.
- *For a pumpkin version of this recipe, use pumpkin for the squash and for the fruit, use bananas. Add pumpkin spice to taste.
- Heat coconut flour, coconut milk, water butternut squash and fruit in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until heated throughout and blended. Butternut squash and fruit should be well incorporated.
- Add egg and continue to stir over medium heat. If you are making an eggless version, stir in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and continue to stir to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and add stevia to taste.
- For a make ahead/on-the-go version, put coconut flour, flaxseeds, chia seeds and freeze driet fruit in a large, plastic zip bag and make servings for the whole week. Instead of using baked squash squash, add a freeze dried version of the squash. Add 1 packet of stevia for each serving of the dry paleo “oatmeal” that is in the bag. Crunch up all of the ingredients. Each morning scoop out about ¾ of the mixture and heat over the stove with ½ cup coconut milk and ½ cup water until thick and incorporated.