- 1 rutabaga (also known as a Swede) about 6 inches in diameter
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian Herb mix
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel rutabaga and cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Place rutabaga cubes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive or grapeseed oil.
- Stir to coat rutabaga with oil.
- Sprinkle rutabaga with remaining ingredients and stir to distribute.
- Transfer rutabaga to a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Roast in center of the oven until edges brown and rutabaga is tender – 30 to 40 minutes – stirring about halfway through to minimize sticking.