Saturday Morning Coconut Flour Coffee Cake
- 4 large or medium eggs, separated
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil,
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon applesauce
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ cup coconut palm sugar
- ⅛ cup “Just Like Sugar Tabletop” (brown sugar substitute)
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 1 and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Grease the bottom and sides of a 8×8 inch square baking pan with coconut oil and cover with coconut flour. Or, better yet, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the egg whites and cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, cream together agave, applesauce and coconut oil.
- Mix in the egg yolks. Add to this mixture, coconut flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined (be sure not to overmix).
- Fold the batter into the egg whites starting with a little bit at a time. Combine until the batter is completely mixed and try to keep the mixture as fluffy as possible. Pour this mixture into the cake pan.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the topping. Smooth the mixture over the batter and swirl a few parts of the topping into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees or until a fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.